The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can the object be the predicate? - الخبرُ

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

I just remembered a question that I had wanted to ask before:

Though it does not necessarily agree in definition, does the خَبَرٌ follow the مُبْتَدَأ in terms of case? E.g. What if the مُبْتَدَأ itself is an object and therefore in the مَنْصُوبٌ case; will this mean that it's predicate will follow in the same manner? I understand from lessons that خَبَرٌ exists in a nominal sentence, so I guess what I am asking ultimately, is if a nominal sentence can be embedded in a verbal one, and if it can, would it then still be classified as a 'nominal' quasi-sentence?

Forgive me if my question is self-contradictory, I just wanted to be clear on the issue إن شاء الله

جزاك الله خيراً

مع السلامة

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

وعليكم السلام

Thank you for your question.

The first point is that the object itself cannot be the مبتدأ. The reason for this is simple. If it is the object then this means that the sentence must be a verbal one as opposed to a nominal one. Thus, the object cannot be the مبتدأ. I hope that point is clear.

The second question of having a verbal sentence embedded on a nominal sentence and vice versa is most definitely possible. However, I will not delve into the explanation of such phenomenon here as you will iA encounter this in future courses.

مــع السلامــة

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

جزاكَ لله خيراً لمساعدتِكَ يا أستاذُ الكريمُ

سأنتظرُ الجوابَ الكاملَ والفهمَ الصحيحَ في دروسِ المستقبلِ إن شاء الله

مع السلامة

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]