The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Translation of an ayah from Suratil Baqarah - 8

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

Please translate the following from Suratil Baqarah searching any new verbs/nouns that have not yet been encountered. Please provide any additional explanation where you see necessary.

الطَّلَاقُ مَرَّتَانِ

New questions may arise as a result of pondering over this question. If this is so, please create a new thread.

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

الطَّلَاقُ - The Divorce
مَرَّتَانِ - (is) two times/Twice

This nominal sentence is giving information on Divorce. Does this mean that 'divorce/طلاق' is uttered twice in order for it to become valid, or perhaps that one can divorce only two times?

I did some research, here are the words of Shaykh Muhammad Al-Munajjid regarding this ayah:

'This refers to the revocable divorce (i.e., first or second talaaq). Allaah did not say “two divorces” – which indicates that it can only happen one at a time, followed by the ‘iddah [Waiting period] in each case. If the first divorce is valid as is counted as such, then we have to wait out the ‘iddah. If [your husband] takes you back during the ‘iddah, then this divorce counts as one of the three divorces, and he has to bring witnesses to attest to that. If he does not take you back during the ‘iddah, then you are divorced as soon as the ‘iddah is over, and it is not permissible for him to take you back without a new marriage contract and a new mahr, and he is regarded as a stranger to you like any other man who may propose marriage, and the marriage can only be done with your approval and the agreement of your guardian.

..In the case of a second divorce; if he takes you back during (the ‘iddah) then you are his wife. In the event of a third divorce, you become haraam for him until you have married another husband in a legitimate shar’i marriage which is not done solely with the intention of enabling you to remarry your first husband, and which is consummated in the proper manner. If it so happens that you get divorced from your second husband then it becomes permissible for you to remarry your first husband after the ‘iddah ends.'

So from what I understand of this statement, it is saying one can only marry and divorce the same person Twice? After which they are forbidden to marry eachother, until the wife has married another. سبحان الله I think this verse really shows the gravity and weight of الطلاق and that such a matter is not to be taken lightly or uttered loosely.

مع السلامة

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum