The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arabic Conversation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arabic Conversation Empty Arabic Conversation Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Respected Ustadh,

It would be much appreciated if you could help me with the following conversation by correcting the errors in the text. And if there are any other users who wish to add their comments, please feel free.

عبد الرحمن
السَّلامُ عليكم ورحمةُ اللهِ أهلاً وسهلًا بكَ! كيف حالكَ يا محمد؟

Assalamu’alaikum wa raHmatullahi ahlan wa sahlan bika. Kayfa Haluka yaa Muhammad?
Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah, welcome to you. How are you oh Muhammad?

محمد
وعليكمُ السَّلام ورحمةُ اللهِ وبركاةُ. أنا بِخيرٍ والحمدُ للهِ وكيف أنتَ؟

Wa’alaikumus Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. Ana bi-khairin wal Hamdu lilah, wa kayfa anta?
And upon you be peace and the mercy of Allah and the blessings! I am fine praise be to Allah, and how are you?

عبد الرحمن
طيبٌ والحمُد للهِ. ماذا فعلتَ اليومَ؟ لمْ أراكَ كلَّ اليومَ

Tayyibun wal Hamdulilah. Ma-dha fa'altal yawma? Lam araaka kullal yawma!

I am good praise be to Allah. What are you doing today? I did not see you all day!

محمد
كُنتُ أدرسُ في المكتبةِ لأنَّي عندي إختبارٌ غدًا. لعلي أنجحُ

Kaanatu adrusu fil maktabati lianniy ‘indi iktibaarun ghadan. La’aliy anjahu.
I was studying in the library because I have my exam tomorrow. I hope I pass!

عبد الرحمن
زادكَ اللهُ علماً. أنَّك طالبٌ مجتهدٌ وذكيٌّ ستكونُ موفَّقًا ان شاء الله
Zaadak Allahu ‘ilman. Innaka taalibun mujtahidun wa dhakiyun, sa takuunu muwafaqan inshaa Allah.

May Allah increase you in knowledge. Verily you are a hardworking and intelligent student, you will do well Allah has already willed.

محمد
شكرًا كثيراً جازئكَ اللُه خيرًا
Shukran katheeran jazak Allahu kairan.

Thank you very much, may Allah reward you with good.

2Arabic Conversation Empty Re: Arabic Conversation Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

I have slightly edited the text folowing feedback from my peers, however I am sure there are still more mistakes to be found in the above conversation.

3Arabic Conversation Empty Re: Arabic Conversation Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:11 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Assalaamu alaikum!
I've just made some changes according to what little I could, please could the teacher still look over it inshAllah. I hope it helps sis إن شاء الله
Wassalaam

Nurjahan wrote:السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Respected Ustadh,

It would be much appreciated if you could help me with the following conversation by correcting the errors in the text. And if there are any other users who wish to add their comments, please feel free.

عبد الرحمن
السَّلامُ عليكم ورحمةُ اللهِ . أهلاً وسهلًا بكَ! كيف حالكَ يا محمد؟

Assalamu’alaikum wa raHmatullahi ahlan wa sahlan bika. Kayfa Haluka yaa Muhammad?
Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah, welcome to you. How are you oh Muhammad?

محمد
وعليكمُ السَّلام ورحمةُ اللهِ وبركاتُهُ. أنا بِخيرٍ والحمدُ للهِ وكيف أنتَ؟

(I think بركبات here is the plural so it would need an open ت with the attached prounoun ه, i.e. his blessings.)
Wa’alaikumus Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. Ana bi-khairin wal Hamdu lilah, wa kayfa anta?
And upon you be peace and the mercy of Allah and the blessings! I am fine praise be to Allah, and how are you?

عبد الرحمن
طيبٌ والحمُد للهِ. ماذا فعلتَ اليومَ؟ لمْ أراكَ كلَّ اليومَ

Tayyibun wal Hamdulilah. Ma-dha fa'altal yawma? Lam araaka kullal yawma!

I am good praise be to Allah. What are you doing today? I did not see you all day!

محمد
كُنتُ أدرسُ في المكتبةِ لأنِّي عندي إختبارٌ غدًا. لعلي أنجحُ

(I don't think لأنَ needs to have the personal pronoun ي attached to it as you say عندي after it meaning, 'I have..', - using two pronouns is repetitive.)
Kaanatu adrusu fil maktabati lianniy ‘indi iktibaarun ghadan. La’aliy anjahu.
I was studying in the library because I have my exam tomorrow. I hope I pass!

عبد الرحمن
زادكَ اللهُ علماً. أنَّك طالبٌ مجتهدٌ وذكيٌّ ستكونُ مُوفَّقًا ان شاء الله

(Whenever it is منصوب Make sure double fatha/tanween is placed on the ا or the last letter of the word if it is اء or ة)
Zaadak Allahu ‘ilman. Innaka taalibun mujtahidun wa dhakiyun, sa takuunu muwafaqan inshaa Allah.

May Allah increase you in knowledge. Verily you are a hardworking and intelligent student, you will do well Allah has already willed.

محمد
شكرًا كثيراً جازئكَ اللُه خيرًا

(I think this should be written جزاك)
Shukran katheeran jazak Allahu kairan.

Thank you very much, may Allah reward you with good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum