The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:58 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

Arabic Calligraphy, an ancient art form, came to prominence at the hands of very fine penmanship. The flourishing styles seen today are divided it seems, into such styles as: Naskh النسخ , Kufi الكوفي , Deewani الديواني , Riq'a الرقع , Thuluth الثلث , and with ongoing modern technologies it looks as though there are many more styles to come إن شاء الله

Use this space to upload posts of your favourite calligraphic pieces, state:

1) Who penned the artpiece
2) When it was created
3) What style it is in (and also what it says if the translation is available)

مع السلامة

Last edited by الماس on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:23 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Title: Al-Fatiha
Style: Unstated (ink and spray paint on paper)
Created: 2007
Artist: Unknown

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Fatiha

3Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:47 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Artist: Mouneer Al-Sharaani
Style: الثلث (Thuluth)
Created: Unstated (artist graduated fom the college of fine arts in Damascus, 1977)

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Artwork_images_425102113_344854_mouneer-al-shaarani

4Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:06 pm

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

These look very interesting.

A great idea for a post mA.

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

5Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:36 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

جراك الله خيراً

Title: Tughra (Signature) of Ottoman Sultan Mahmud II
Style: الثلث(Thuluth)
Created: between 1808 - 1839
Meaning: "Mahmud Khan son of Abdulhamid is forever victorious"

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Tughra_Mahmuds_II

(The colours show in step by step, the expressive construction of the calligraphy)

6Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:21 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Title: Shadda
Created: 1980
Artist: Ali Omar Emres

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Shadda

7Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Artist: Hasan Massoudy (born 1944)
Title: هل جزاء الأحسن الا الأحسن
Translation: Is not the reward for goodness, goodness itself? (one of my favourite proverbs!)

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Callig10

Also by Hassan Massoudy:

Title: التسامح
Translation: Tolerance
My Review: Notice the colours are warm and calming, much like a soft sunset; the focus of the piece is set above the masses (like the sun), almost as if tolerance is sent and thus, descending upon mankind - or I see it as a 'real' act of tolerance ascending above the multitudes of smaller, perhaps hidden or unnoticed acts of mercy...(And on that note, May Allah increase everyone for all the good that they do, seen and unseen - آمين)

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Tolera10

If you would like to see more of Massoudy's work, visit:

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/hassan.massoudy/galerie.htm

8Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:18 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Arabic Calligraphy inspired Graffitti
Atrist: Anonymous

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Arabic+graffiti

9Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:27 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Artist: Psuedonym - Don Qasim
Origin: Greek
Art piece: Looks to be the letters م and ل overlayed into a heart shape. Personally, I prefer the authentic touch rather than an electronically perfected image, I would have definately appreciated it more had the same image been rendered by hand

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Arabic_Calligraphy_by_DonQasim

10Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:35 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Arabic Calligraphy in doorway
Notice how the ا looks like an upside-down thin triangle, the pattern carries on throughout...

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Qutabminar05

11Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:43 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Check this out, I really like it! ما شاء الله
The floral designs at the top, almost leaf-like with elegant thin stems, remind me of henna patterns. If you look from far enough, its almost like an upright majestic gate!
Unfortunately, the piece didn't show any information, shame really...

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Arabic-Calligraphy2

12Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Tie-dye style Calligraphy Art, reads:
Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy 113_110

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy 107145669_40e8793d04

13Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Art piece reads: 'and which of the favours of your Lord will you deny'
Penman: Mahrukh Rehan
Created: 13, January 2008

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy _and_w10

I really love this piece, the freehand plant structure really caught my eye ما شاء الله

14Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Style: كُوفِي
Name: 'Arabic Scroll'
Photographer: Shai
Created: November, 26 - 2006

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Kufii10

Ooh, I can't help but admire the contemporary aesthetic that the purple tint brings! The picture was taken with a macro lens camera...

The Kufic Script
Kufic script is a heavily thick structured Arabic script suited to stone carving and clay sculpture. The style also appears in the earliest surviving manuscripts of the Qur'an. I believe sometimes, the distiguishing marks over the letters (حركات) are sometimes painted in red, and the gold decoration between chapters contrast vividly with the heavy black print. During the ruling of the Seljuk, a more cursive flowing Naskh script, developed. The two styles are still often used for contrast in architecture and different decorative contexts.

15Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Homepage-background
If you think this style looks out of this world, then check out the Bismillah collection of Muiz's Calligraphy:

I particularly like the vibrant orange with the flowery vertical style..reminds me of henna designs...

http://www.muiz.co.uk/microsite/BismillahCollection.aspx

مع السلامة

16Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Penman: Khaleelullah Chemnad
Style: Anatomic Calligraphy
Title: Allah (The artist has drawn the name of Allah in 99 different styles; this is the 5th one, and really caught my eye as the writing is in the form of a fountain pen nib).

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Allah_10

The artist has his own website: www.worldofcalligraphy.com

17Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Calligraphy outside a person's home.
Photography by: B. vashar

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Calig110

I really love the style of this Calligraphy. The cursive pattern and almost vine-like design up the wall. The brushstrokes are visible as well; they are not in block colour.

18Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:34 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Title: Al mouflehoon
Calligrapher: Ahmed Khandil
Created: October 2006

Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy 70026310

Isn't really my style, but nonetheless it's vibrant and the abstract style is captured really well. Anyone else think so?

19Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Mr007

If you would like to see more of Massoudy's work, visit:

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/hassan.massoudy/galerie.htm

20Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Empty Re: Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Artist: Dr. Ahmed Moustafa
'Frolicking horses'
Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Ahmed-moustafa01

'The cube of Cubes.'
Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Ahmed-moustafa02

'The Falcon.'
Gallery of Arabic Calligraphy Artwork_images_716_420478_ahmed-moustafa

These are some of the most amazing works from one of my biggest inspirations. He has truly mixed
the art of expression and divine symmetry. The works are hand-painted, sometimes commissioned
by royals and often take months to complete. Dr. Moustafa runs the fe-noon institute.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum