The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Join this game...MSA cartoon...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Join this game...MSA cartoon... Empty Join this game...MSA cartoon... Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:53 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

I came across the folliwng video:

The idea here is to explain in as much detail what you understood from the cartoon.

Please feel free to join in, I will try but I can't do this alone!

2Join this game...MSA cartoon... Empty Re: Join this game...MSA cartoon... Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:08 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Okay, from what I understood...this is the basic plot of the story, its a beautiful story and actually very sad...I feel almost depressed after watching it!

The main character Jonjoy who lives in New York with her mother. They are poor. Jonjoy falls ill and the doctor visits, her mother asks 'What is the matter with jonjoy?' and he replies to the effect that she very weak and may not survive(?)

The mother talks to her and pleads she retun and does not die. Then there is a man, Bellman who is an artist.

There is a scene where Bellman draws Jonjoy and she laughs and says 'This is me? Isnt that so? It is beautifully done' They have a very good friendship.

One day Bellman enters Jonjoys home and greets her mother, she cries and describes what the doctor said. (there is a lot I didnt understand here!)

Jonjoy wakes up and cries over the tree, (I found this part very hard to understand and I probably understood it all wrong!) she talks about the tree and that she will die when all the leaves fall? (please dont laugh!)

So then Bellman spend the night during the cold wheather drawing on a leaf onto the tree. He retuns to the room and...dies???

And the next morning Jonjoy wakes up and sees the alone leaf. The mother gives praise to her Lord.

And the last part which I understood is that the mother visists the artists Bellman whom she finds dead. (Something here about his face?).

The narrator comments that he had a great heart (قلب دفير كبير)? I'm not sure!

And that is what I understood from the video....Anyone willing to fill in the gaps?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum