The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dua translation and breakdown

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dua translation and breakdown Empty Dua translation and breakdown Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:02 am

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

Please try to translate, vowelise and breakdown gramatically the following dua.

اللهــم اجعـــل القرآن ربيـــع قلوبــنا

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

2Dua translation and breakdown Empty Re: Dua translation and breakdown Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:21 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

اللهُــمَ اِجْعَـــلِ الْقُرْآنَ رَبِيـــعَ قُلُوبِــنَا

(O)Allah make the Qur'an the spring of our hearts.

اللهُــمَ - فاعلٌ مرفوعٌ بالضمةِ
اِجْعَـــلِ - فعلُ الأمرِ
الْقُرْآنَ - مفعولٌ بهِ منصوبٌ يالفتحةِ
رَبِيـــعَ - مفعولٌ بهِ منصوبٌ يالفتحةِ ومضافٌ
قُلُوبِــنَا - مضافٌ إليهِ مجرورٌ بالكسرةِ وضميرٌ متصلٌ

3Dua translation and breakdown Empty Re: Dua translation and breakdown Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Just to clarify, is the literal translation 'O Allah' or 'Our Lord' because of the attached pronoun...?

4Dua translation and breakdown Empty Re: Dua translation and breakdown Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:25 pm

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

اللهـــم actually means "O Allah".

The voweling above is not fully correct. Could students think about the grammar breakdown given above (which is correct) and apply what they have learnt at Ibn Mandhoor to deduce the correct voweling making sure to provide explanations.

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

5Dua translation and breakdown Empty Re: Dua translation and breakdown Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:56 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Regarding the word اللهـــم I couldn't make the shaddah work on the م so I left it, I'm sorry if I caused confusion Embarassed

Jazaakumullaahu khairan for your response.

Wassalaam

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum