The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arabic Handwriting - Question

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Arabic Handwriting - Question Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:59 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم ورحمة لله

This is a question for the Ustadh and thereafter anyone else who believes their advice will be of benefit to the students

My question is what is the best method to:

1. Learn how to write Arabic
2. Improve fluency and legibility of your Arabic writing

I myself have very bad Arabic writing which is most probably a reflection of my very messy English writing. I think I lack pen control and patience in the area of writing, and seeing as I am trying to take a positive step and change this I wanted to start with my Arabic writing.

It is the newest script I've learned and I would like to rid myself of careless and messy writing before I habituate myself into it.

Any advice would be much appreciated and I am sure will benefit others after me

شكرا

2Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 am

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله

Writing Arabic can be learnt via set practice by working through a book. However, at a level where students can already rثad the language, I believe that there is no need to undertake such a methodical approach.

Rather, one should obtain a worksheet indicating all the letters in their initial, medial and terminal form. One should then use this sheet to complete homework or write up sentences.

The question of improving ones fluency/legibility is slightly different.
One must verify the "line" that Arabic is written upon. Students should also understand that Arabic is a cursive language and so ensure that there is some consistency to these curves throughout their writing.
These two steps should ensure that there is some symmetry to the writing which should result in a more legible and aesthetically pleasing read.

As a summary, practice is the key. The more you practice, the faster and better you will become.

ابـــــن منظـــــور

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

3Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:26 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

Please find below, worksheets for the letters in their initial, medial and final forms, إن شاء الله they are of use:

Arabic Handwriting - Question Imf_113 Arabic Handwriting - Question Imf_212 Arabic Handwriting - Question Imf_310

مع السلامة

4Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Arabic Writing Practice Worksheets Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:56 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Please find below, a link to printable Arabic writing practice resources (sheets are in PDF format), for learning to write the alphabet:

http://www.yemenlinks.com/Downloads/Arabic_Writing_Sheet_Revised%2014.pdf

مع السلامة

5Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 am

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

This is very useful. Thank you.

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

6Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:40 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

I found this PDF link a very through guide to handwriting. I think a wider range of material at this level would be ideal for students wanting to practise their writing.

http://www.fsi-language-courses.com/Courses/Arabic/FSI%20-%20Classical%20Arabic%20-%20The%20Writing%20System.pdf

Wasalaam

7Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:11 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

جزاكِ الله خيراً for the resource Nurjahan.

ما شاء الله the level is indeed ideal for me, however I feel that although the writing style is widely and commonly used, it is better to focus on correcting print style handwriting before moving on to this shorthand style in any case. For example, for me personally, replacing the three dots on ث with an ^ or the two dots on ت with a - or even completely replacing the stylistics of the letter ش with a long __ seems to lose the luster of the script. Nonetheless it's a good idea to keep both styles in mind, it may prove useful إن شاء الله

مع السلامة

8Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

True. It is more logical and beneficial to be confident and fluid in writing in nask script, ruqah is more the script used for note taking once the student is confident that he/she will not forget the former script.

As I mentioned before it would be of much benefit to have materials at that level for students to practise from.

InshaAllah if anyone does come across similar worksheets it would be of great use to build a collection of online resources.

9Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

It is not necessarily that a student will 'forget' the Naskh script if they wrote in Ruq'ah, but that sticking to the former is a stylistic choice.

As you are fond of the Ruq'ah style as well as Naskh, I found you a little something a while back, I guess it's a good a time as any to give it to you:

It's the handwriting practice book for Year 6 (Saudi curriculum) in PDF format,

http://www2.moe.gov.sa/6/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%81%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%B3%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A%20-%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%B7%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A.pdf

(Apologies, the writing may be a little fuzzy. If this is the case, I have sent a clear version to the institute as it has not been possible to upload any text files from my computer onto this forum.)

مع السلامة

10Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Waalaikum Assalamu Wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

I had a quick glance over the document and mashaAllah its exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Thank you for the link, its really lovely of you and I very much appreciate it. Smile

May Allah bless you and cause you to excell in your studies

Wasalam

11Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:41 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

!عفواً ,إنّها ليستْ مشكلة

آمين وإيَاكِ يا نورجهان

والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله

12Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:23 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

Ok, here are some more worksheets based on the first Madinah Book:

It has basic handwriting practice (with those fancy lines) for single words:

http://islamiccopywork.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/madina-arabic-worksheet11.pdf
http://islamiccopywork.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/madina-arabic-worksheet2.pdf

والسلام

13Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Handwriting Books Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Copybook - Alice in Wonderland

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17219020/-copybook-Alice-in-Wonderland

Copybook - The Wizard of Oz

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17219400/Arabic-Copybook-The-Wizard-of-Oz

14Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Riq'ah Script Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:05 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

Here is a book regarding the Art of the Riq'ah Script:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17459004/khat-riqah

مع السلامة

15Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

I just saw this on a website, it's a student's attempt at the Ruq'ah style after writing in Naskh...I remember someone wanted to see the different styles in practice, but with a more human approach...

It reads: "السلام عليكم، أنا مارتن وأكتب بالعربية"

Arabic Handwriting - Question Arabe10

16Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Interesting...

To add to the image:

Arabic Handwriting - Question We-

I'm assuming that's Ruq'ah script....it looks so niiice!

17Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:41 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

I can't see an image Nurjahan, did you mean this one by Tani Jantsang?

'We Part Only To Meet Again.'

Arabic Handwriting - Question We-ara10

I always have an impression that when any form of handwriting is written like the this (especially with a fountain pen), it is an indication that the writer is experienced and knows their stuff so much so that they can't wait to get it on paper...I imagine a professor in his/her study...It is nice change from continuously writing in Naskh script...

مع السلامة

18Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Hmmm....how strange..but yes 'twas that one, its nice isn't it because its so lovely and messy. Smile

19Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:47 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم

Aww yes it is lovely.

ps: Nothing strange or coincidental, just pressed edit on your post, put the link into google but nothing came up, so I looked up the site from which you wanted to take the image from (geocites), did a bit of research and figured it must be that picture you were trying to post up.

مع السلامة

20Arabic Handwriting - Question Empty Re: Arabic Handwriting - Question Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Why thank you, I feel almost special that someone did a bit of research on my 'research'

lol Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum