The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

General advice

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1General advice Empty General advice Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:57 am

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

The جامعـــة ابــن منظـــور exam was CHALLENGING ٍٍٍٍٍٍٍسبحان الله, the marks were not at all easy to attain.

However, this means that if I pass, I'll be more than happy. I'm really praying I'll hit that 60%
إن شاء اللة

My favourite part (Yes of course I enjoy exams) was the grammatical breakdown section, as we've had a fair bit of practice on it in homeworks.

I remembered after the exam that I'd made lots of silly errors that I could have avoided, (I ran out of time at the end), BUT الحمد لله, a little reminder not to forget to check through your script in the last couple of minutes (even dots matter)!

Anyway, now that that's over, I can't wait to apply what we've learnt - in the next course إن شاء اللة...

Keep studying hard,

مع السلامة

Last edited by الماس on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited as gave future students unfair advantage)

2General advice Empty Re: General advice Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:10 am

Bint Mahamoud

Bint Mahamoud
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

This exam was indeed challenging, but I enjoyed working through it. It just goes to show how important exams are in testing how much you know. After I had completed it, I realised how much I needed to work on my vocabulary. A language isn't just something you study, but something you attempt to apply to everyday life so you don't forget it. I've forgotten a few languages I've learnt in my time, but Inshaa'Allaah I plan to keep working hard to make sure this doesn't happen with Arabic.

This exam was an eye opener to how much more I need to work on my Arabic, especially my vocab, I enjoyed the translation sections very much.

Inshaa'Allaah I'm looking forward to the upcoming course.

Wa'alaikumassalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

3General advice Empty Re: General advice Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 am

Ambia

Ambia
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Hmm where can I start, the paper was mashaallah veeeeeeery challenging, testing every aspect of level one! My revision paid off, however my speed of answering wasnt up to scratch and I ended up making careless mistakes Crying or Very sad

Nevertheless it identified my more weaker areas which inshaallah I can improve and work on Smile

My advice to those taking the paper is practice the homework questions from the lessons until you can do it with your eyes closed! (..well not literally hehe)

I feel like a burden has been lifted, I was getting a wee bit stressed over sitting the paper! Anyway looking forward to consolidating level one in the upcoming applied course, cant wait Very Happy

مع السلامة

4General advice Empty Re: General advice Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Assalmaualaikum wa Rahmatullah,

First and foremost, Alhamdulilah, the One who enabled me to sit the paper.

Alhamdulilah, in general I didn't find the paper amazingly hard, I most probably made a lot of careless mistakes, however in terms of the context and the material the paper covers, I would say if the student was to revise thoroughly the taught materials, especially practicing the homework questions, than inshaAllah they are expected to do good.

The paper is, as our Ustadh mentioned, very time pressured, in my case I JUST about finished the paper and quickly scribbled down some answers to the bonus question, however I was unable to go back and review my work as would be the preferred or even recommend thing to do after completing a paper.

I think the greatest benefit from doing the exam, was not really the actual sitting of the paper per se, but all the effort and work that went into revising for the paper, especially in my case I had the most brilliant and intelligent companion to go through revision material with, Alhamdulilah Wink. I very much enjoyed teasing her that I'd do better than her which kept us both eager to keep on top of revision.

Although our Ustadh warned us the paper was hard and told us to aim for 60% thereabout, I always say aim high and maybe you get it or just below so our little competition wasn't about getting 60% in the exam paper but rather 106%! (I believe that's not even possible now, but it once was!)

May Allah bless our Ustadh and reward him for all his efforts.

Walaikum Asalaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

5General advice Empty Re: General advice Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:38 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

تقبل اللهُ دوا الخاصة بكِ. آمين

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum