The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Empty Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

اللّهمّ إِنّي أَسألك حبّك وحبّ من يحِبّك وحبّ عمل يقرّبنِي إِلَى حبّك

2Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Empty Re: Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْألكَ حُبَّكَ وحُبَّ مَنْ يَحْبُّكَ وحُبَّ عملِ يَقْرَّبنِِي إِلَى حُبَّكَ

اللّهمّ إِنّي أَسألك - Oh Allah I ask You
حبّك - Your Love
وحبّ من يحِبّك - and the love of who You love
وحبّ عمل - and the love of deeds
يقرّبنِي - [which] brings me close
إِلَى حبّك - to Your love

I think I vowelised most of it wrong, its more complicated than it looks!

Anyone else...?

3Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Empty Re: Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:21 pm

الماس

الماس
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Nurjahan wrote:اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْألكَ حُبَّكَ وحُبَّ مَنْ يَحْبُّكَ وحُبَّ عملِ يَقْرَّبنِِي إِلَى حُبَّكَ

وحبّ من يحِبّك - and the love of who You love

السلام عليكم

The only thing I would say for the moment is that the part I've quoted above would not be 'the love of who you love', as it isn't 'من تُحِبّه' (you love), but it is actually 'من يحِبّك', meaning, 'the love of he who loves you', (i.e. the pious ones). What do you reckon?

مع السلامة

4Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Empty Re: Dua 1: Vowelise and Translate Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Nurjahan

Nurjahan
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور
طالبـــة ابـــن منظـــور

Oops. Yes your right there.

Jazakillahu Khairan!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum