The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reviews - to be sorted

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reviews - to be sorted Empty Re: Reviews - to be sorted Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 am

ابــــــن منظــــــور

ابــــــن منظــــــور
Administrator
Administrator

F 11 May 2009 16:24

أسلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Studying MSA Level 1 at the Institute of Ibn Manthoor has enabled me to understand various rules of grammar in a manner that I had not yet encountered in a whole year at university. Each new principle was taught in a constructive sequence with enough time to request any help before the imparting of a new set of concepts.

ما شاء الله, I was very happy with the level of respect given to my opinions by our Ustaadh and the overall learning atmosphere that was created by my colleagues.

In particular, I found the dissection of the origins of Arabic words to be most intellectually stimulating. I now know for example, that 'قَلَبَ', the root of the word 'قلْبٌ' (heart) actually means to 'ossilate', implying
that the heart is always prone to ossilate back and forth regarding its desires, سبحان الله. This idea then prompted me to contemplate about what Allah himself has mentioned in regards to the heart, and then an immediate image came to mind about the heart held between Allah's fingertips, and his ultimate untested ability to switch it in whichever direction that he wills سبحان الله.

The course therefore, was not at all focussed on making us regurgitate facts but instead, to direct our minds to appreciate the beauty of perfected linguistic constructions and to give us the confidence to decipher some hadeeths by ourselves! It is so heart-warming to realise that one is actually able to understand some words just through an intitial glance at the verses of the Qur'an.

I have attempted to write a a few lines about what I thought of the course in Arabic, anything which is correct from it is due to the sheer hardwork and commitment of our respected Ustaadh:

بدأتُ دروس اللغة العربية بمعهد ابن منظور قبل ستة اسابيع ومنذها لقد تعلمتُ كثيراً والحمد الله وفي الدروس يوجد أكثر من القواعد وإعراب اللغة مماً تعلمتُ في الجامعة. جزاك الله جير الجزاء يا أستاذ!
لقد علمتنا عن البلاغة والخطابة والنحو والمعاني الجميلة من الأفعال.
والآن أفهم بعض الحديثين أيضاً

طالبة ابن منظور

May Allah make it easy for us all to continue in our journey towards grasping even a drop more knowledge that will lead us closer to Allah, and may Rabbi deepen the understanding of our teacher so that he may continue to depart this beautiful language to us all. آمين

مع السلامة
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurjahan 11 May 2009 23:32

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullah

First and foremost, all thanks and praise is due to Allah subahanahu’wa ta’alah who honoured us all by giving us the opportunity to study the language which He chose His message to be preserved in.

Truly it was an honour for me to have partaken in MSA level 1 at the institute of ابـــن منظـــور where I found myself in an environment of mutual respect, professionalism and where students were always encouraged and given individual attention where required to facilitate learning.

The class notes, the live sessions and homework questions were all beautifully orchestrated in a clear and concise manner with allocated question and answer sessions to clear any confusion.

I personally very much enjoyed the small digressions where our Ustadh would stimulate our minds with glimpses of Arabic rhetoric and morphology which never failed to leave me in a state of reflection over the delicate intricacies of the language and its hidden jewels.

In hindsight, ابـــن منظـــور took my sleepy desire for the Arabic language and roused in me a very real passion and ambition to advance and master a language so dear, so beloved and so central to the religion of Islam.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rukshana 13 May 2009 12:36

السلام عليكم

Subhanaallah, where can I start! The course has most definitely exceeded all my expectations. It was an innovative and creative way of learning which mentally stimulated and challenged the mind.

The delivery of the lessons were professional and interactive whilst ensuring Islamic etiquettes were maintained.

One of my personal highlights of the course was being able to read, understand, translate, and grammatically breakdown classical texts. In particular, the course has enabled to commit to memory various Hadeeths and the translation of Quranic ayahs. It has left me with a passion to pursue my desire of mastering this beautiful language Inshaallah.

May Allah (swt) reward the institute for their ongoing efforts and help them in spreading an understanding of this beautiful language to the sleeping masses. Ameen.

درستُ اللُغةَ العربيةَ قبل شهر٠ هي لغةٌ جميلةٌ جدًا٠ الآنَ أفهمُ جملاتاً اسمياتاً جملاتاً فعلياتاً صفاتاً جمعً وكثرً٠ أيضاً أفهمُ وأحب الحديثَ " كلمتانِ خفيفتانِ على اللسانِ. ثقيلتانِ فى الميزانِ. حـبـيـبتا نِ إلى الرحمانِ: سبحان الله و بحمده سبحان الله العظيم" الذي درستُ في الدروسِ ولواجبات٠ المدرسُ طيبٌ جدًا وأيضاً هو مجتهدٌ جدًا٠ سأدرسُ الغةَ العربيةَ بعد شهرٍ إن شاء الله٠

مع السلامة

HD 13 May 2009 19:22

Bismillahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Studying Arabic at this Institute was a great opportunity and I am thankful to Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aalaa) for making this available for us all. Initially I thought that it would just be your average Arabic Lessons, but it was so much more than that Mashaa'Allaah. It exceeded any expectations I had.

The method of teaching and the programme of study were just right, enough to keep us stimulated but not too much as to make us feel overwhelmed.

The highlight of the course for me was looking at the classical texts and being able to break them down, I wouldn’t have thought that in just ten lessons I would have learnt this much, Alhamdulillaah.

Another highlight was being able to properly understand the case markings and why we use certain ones in certain situations. In particular, the breakdowns we did in lessons and for homework benefitted me greatly and helped me understand the grammar aspect of Arabic immensely. My aim in enrolling in this course was to understand and work on my grammar and Alhamdulillaah I have.

Things just started to click through this course, I didn't realise how much I was missing out on learning Arabic thoroughly.

Any confusion I had or any questions I needed to ask were dealt with thoroughly and Inshaa'Allaah, Level Two will be just as stimulating and beneficial.

Wa'alaikumassalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Zohrah Bukharee 18 May 2009 14:42

Assalam 'alaikum

Ibn Manthoor has proven to be very successful in teaching Arabic in a stimulating and engaging manner. Having completed a year of Arabic at University I had inititally enrolled in Ibn Manthoor for aid in preparation for my University examinations, however I found that it was more than that. So much grammar and vocabulary was covered yet it was simpllfied and very easy to comprehend. Much more was covered in the few weeks than I had been taught at University! The classes were structured well, and even though it was internet based it felt very 'class' like. The teacher was easy to understand and we had opportunities to dwell in interesting facts surrounding Quranic Arabic and Classical Arabic. Also, the class notes were written well.

If I were to recommend an intense Arabic course, Ibn Mnathoor would be one to recommend amongst a few.

InshaAllah I look forward to enrolling in Level 2.

Wa 'alaikum asalam

S 20 May 2009 13:55

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have to admit before i started this course i assumed it was going to be boring and not challenging, but after my first lesson my mind changed COMPLETELY!

Studying arabic with Ibn Manthoor has been a brilliant experience! i never thought i would learn so much and actually be able to grammatically break down classical texts without help of our Ustaadh.

I will definitely be doing Level 2 with this institute inshaAllah, i don't think i will be able to pass my University exams without it!

http://onlinearabiclessons.blogspot.com/

2Reviews - to be sorted Empty Level 1 Review Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Fatima

Fatima

Assalamualikum,

Having never studied Arabic before I was apprehensive as to how I will cope in the lessons and if I will be able to keep up with the pace. However studying Arabic at the institute proved otherwise; I found the lessons interesting yet very informative at the same time. By completing the homework for each lesson I was able to identify my weak areas and seek the help of our teacher (who was always at hand!!) to clear up any confusion. Throughout the course I received immense support and guidance from our ustaadh which contrasted from any support I have received in my academic studies.

In particular I enjoyed learning the grammar side of Arabic whereby every single word can be grammatically broken down; varying in its indicators. I found this concept amazing and look forward to progressing onto the next level to have a greater understanding of this.

I have learnt such a great deal in the space of ten lessons and I am very eager to continue learning this truly incredible language with such an accomplished institute.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum