The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Institute of Ibn Mandhoor **************************** جامعـــــــة ابـــــــن منظـــــــور

An online forum dedicated to the teaching of the Arabic language. Contact: ibn_mandhoor@hotmail.co.uk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Level l Students - 2010/11

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Level l Students - 2010/11 Empty Level l Students - 2010/11 Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:10 am

School Registry

School Registry

Bismillaah walhamdulillaah was-salaatu was-salaamu 'alaa Rasuulillaa

Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

For Level l students who have submitted their exams papers on 9th January 2011, this is your section.

Wassalaamu 'alaikum,

Adminstrator
School Registry
Institute of Ibn Mandhoor

2Level l Students - 2010/11 Empty Re: Level l Students - 2010/11 Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Anzeena

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu

Before I joined the Institute of Ibn Mandhoor, I remember reading these reviews and wondering how realistic it was for one to understand Arabic after 10 lessons; no doubt the journey is lifelong but the basics can definitely be achieved in this course. I started off the course with random vocabulary that was previously memorised and very little rules of grammar that stuck in my head after studying madina book 1. The course is quite intensive yet very interesting at the same time; in more or less 12 weeks I managed to get to the level in which I can pick up any literature and translate with the aid of a dictionary.

When I showed people the amount of Arabic that I had learnt, they were quite surprised as it would normally take a year or two in other Arabic institutions. The syllabus is very unique and designed in a way that we can ‘click’ with the language and see instant results in our progress. Level 1 Applied is the next course inshaAllah so that we may consolidate what we have learnt; it focuses more on speech to ensure that the grammar becomes second nature and that our words flow from the tips of our tongues.

I really do feel that the institute shows a lot of care and concern for their students. Our homework were marked with individual feedback with tips on how to improve next time; during the course we had 3 revision sessions to ensure that everyone was up to date and that we were not falling behind. On top of this we were given individual appointment slots in which ustaadh and the senior students spoke to us individually giving us personal feedback and targets to focus on before our examination. A lot of time and effort is made in order to ensure that students are getting the most out of this course. May Allah (T) reward the institute immensely for their khidmat. Ameen.

The thing that keeps me going is the idea that Arabic is not a subject; rather it is a hobby. The beauty behind Arabic is that it’s easy to learn yet it is complex at the same time. To understand this concept I use the analogy of my bedroom; my bedroom is admittedly very messy and its takes a lot of energy for me to stand up and tidy it...I’m a big procrastinator! It’s a simple task but it requires energy and time from my side to work hard, clean up and maintain it; the more I clean up the more I dig out lost items.

As a muslimah, I believe that the Qur’an contains the Message from Allah as well as the Miracle. The beauty behind this miracle is that it is auditory unlike the visual miracles that were given to the previous Ambiyaat (AS). No doubt, this miracle should therefore have an effect on our hearts as it did even with Abu Jahl; the sad thing is that we are not shook by the Words of Allah, as Arabic is the key to experience this Miracle. The more we put time and effort to study Arabic, to understand the Book of Allah (T), the more we can dig out the gems that we are deprived of today.

Arabic is easy and Allah made that promise, we just need to do the work on our side and have istiqaamat (steadfastness). Allah will put barakat (blessings) in our time and inshaAllah it is also an act of ibaadat. Please watch to the following talk which really inspired me very much.

https://ibnmandhoor.forumotion.com/t185-video-why-and-how-to-learn-arabic-for-comprehension-of-the-quran

Jazakum Allah Khayran

Wassalaam

Anzeena

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum